You’ll love what Typar can do for your garden or yard. Typar helps you keep your landscaping healthy and free of weeds.
Made of nonwoven spunbonded polypropylene, Typar is strong enough to block weeds — yet porous enough to ensure the passage of necessary water and liquid nutrients. To prevent premature degradation, all landscape fabric must be covered with mulch or rock. If you have no desire to cover, please consider Ground Cover.
The cost effective 1.9 ounce fabric is durable to last longer and a one-time installation prevents weed growth for years.
Manufactured of strong and durable spunbonded polypropylene by Fiberweb® in Old Hickory, Tennessee, Typar Premium Landscape Fabric is composed of continuous fibers, so unlike some woven landscape fabrics, it will not unravel or fray. The fibers are bonded closely together to create a mat that prevents weed roots from growing through.
Typar Premium Landscape Fabric is lightweight so it’s easy to take to the job site, and its flexible structure makes it a cinch to install.
Check out these features:
- Porous 100% Polypropylene Nonwoven Construction Breathes
- Moisture, Fertilizers, Air Reach Plants to Allow for Healthy Soil
- Durable, Tear-Resistant; Won’t Rot or Mildew
- Lightweight, Easy to Install, Follows Natural Ground Contours
- Ideal for Use in Landscaped Beds, Under Decks and Walkways
- Cover with 3-4″ of Mulch, Bark or Stone
- 10 Year Guarantee
- Unit Weight (oz/yds2) 1.9
- Tensile Strength(lbs) 73
- Elongation at Break (%) >70
- Puncture Strength (lbs) 23
- Air Opening Size (equivalent sieve) 30/40
- Air Opening Size (mm) 0.52
- Trap Tear (lbs) 35
- Air Permeability (cm/sec) 10×10-2
- Flux (gal/ft2/min) 200
- Permittivity (sec-1) 3.0
- Thickness 11.5 mils