You’ll love what Typar can do for your garden or yard. Typar helps you keep your landscaping healthy and free of weeds.
Made of nonwoven spunbonded polypropylene, Typar is strong enough to block weeds — yet porous enough to ensure the passage of necessary water and liquid nutrients. To prevent premature degradation, all landscape fabric must be covered with mulch or rock. If you have no desire to cover, please consider Ground Cover.
At 3.0 ounces per square yard, it’s the heavy-duty, professional-weight landscape fabric. A spunbonded polypropylene, its continuous fibers mean it won’t easily unravel or fray. Unlike black plastic, it is porous to allow air, water and nutrients through to the roots of the plants, which allows for all-important healthy soil conditions. It actually retains moisture under it so plants have access to more water, but water will not pool on top of it and become “sour” as sometimes happens with black plastic.
Check out these features:
- Porous 100% Polypropylene Nonwoven Construction Breathes
- 3 oz. Fabric is 50% Stronger
- Moisture, Fertilizers, Air Reach Plants to Allow for Healthy Soil
- Durable, Tear-Resistant; Won’t Rot or Mildew
- Lightweight, Easy to Install, Follows Natural Ground Contours
- Ideal for Use in Landscaped Beds, Under Decks and Walkways
- Cover with 3-4″ of Mulch, Bark or Stone
- Guaranteed 20 years
- Unit Weight (oz/yds2) 3.0
- Tensile Strength(lbs) 135
- Elongation at Break (%) >70
- Puncture Strength (lbs) 35
- Air Opening Size (equivalent sieve) 60/70
- Air Opening Size (mm) 0.24
- Trap Tear (lbs) 50
- Air Permeability (cm/sec) 3×10-2
- Flux (gal/ft2/min) 70
- Permittivity (sec-1) 1.2
- Thickness 15.0 mils